5 reasons to use a professional electrician in Adelaide
Spending $100 or so up front to get a professional electrician in Adelaide to do the work isn’t just about safety, it’s also about having peace of mind that the work will be done to industry standards
Did you know it is illegal in South Australia to do your own electrical work? It’s not surprising this law is in place as each year, about twenty people die by electrocution in Australia and many more are injured. Most of these deaths occur from people trying to DIY electrical work.
“But it’s just a power point you say?” It’s tempting to try and save money by doing small electrical jobs yourself, but the risks aren’t worth it. And, if there is a fire in your home, insurance won’t cover you so the cost in the end can be huge. In the words of the Energy Safe Commission in Victoria – DDIY – Don’t Do It Yourself.
Electricity passes through an intricate web of wires before it gets to your light switches or appliances and along the way it is safely contained with insulation. Even a small break in this insulation, which is required when doing electrical work, exposes the electricity and can cause harm.
Spending money up front to get a professional electrician to do the work isn’t just about safety, it’s also about having peace of mind that the work will be done to industry standards.
Our professional electricians in Adelaide services the entire metropolitan area and are reliable, prompt and friendly.
- Electrical work done to high quality standards – professional electricians are trained to complete high quality electrical work to a high standard. They know how to work safely using the latest tools and techniques to eliminate danger and prevent electricity from causing damage. Electrical faults are the number one cause of fires in households and these can be prevented.
- Up to date with current laws and required standards – you can be assured that the work done will be to the latest standards and laws required for safety and compliance. Upgrades to electrical safety procedures are constantly being developed and a professionally qualified electrician will always be up to date with the latest techniques to keep your property safe from electrical faults and fires.
- Warranty and back up service – our professional electricians have warranty in place for the work they do at your site. If anything should happen, there is back up and support.
- Wider scope – our electricians take the whole picture into account and look at how your home or the building is wired together, where you may need to be mindful of safety in the future, and what to plan ahead for. For example, you may want to install a larger air conditioning system which may need its own circuits for efficient use. If you’re doing electrical work to the building, it could be an opportune time to put in place measures to handle this new load. Professional electricians will also check smoke alarm compliance, security systems and other work that may be required while on site.
- Peace of mind – when you know you have professionals working on your premises, safely managing your electrical work with up to date knowledge on Australian Standards, Fire Safety and Workplace Safety, you’ll have peace of mind.
Electrical work you can do at home
According to SA Government, these are the jobs that people can DIY at home, as long as you have the skills:
- Install a TV or radio antenna
- Replace a fuse and reset circuit breakers
- Test safety switches
- Change smoke detector batteries
- Replace light globes
- Clean your solar photovoltaic panels
Any other work should be done by a professional electrician. The fee to pay a professional will always be most cost effective in the long run, and you and your family will remain safe in the comfort of your home.
Call Ken Hall Electricians in Adelaide today for quality electrical work completed to Australian standards
Our customers have peace of mind with the knowledge that Ken Hall’s experienced and qualified electricians are up to date with knowledge on Australian standards, fire safety and workplace safety. You can be confident a skilled Ken Hall Electrician will perform all work safely in your home, from lighting, power points, fans and appliance installation through to full house re-wiring. No job is too big or small. Call us on 08 8364 5855 or book an Adelaide electrician here.