Smoke Alarms Installation and Service
Ensure your smoke alarm is up to date and functional
The safety of you and your family is paramount and making sure your smoke alarms are up to date and functional is our priority. It is essential to keep your smoke alarms in working order with back up batteries at your fingertips.
Ken Hall Electricians provide smoke alarm installation, testing, inspection & certification. You want to make sure that everyone in your home or business has the earliest detection of a fire to ensure quick evacuation.
Smoke Alarm Safety Check $149
- Attend property and visually inspect all smoke detectors
- Check for correct operation and placement of each detector for compliance
- Clean detector and surrounding areas
- Replace 9V battery in all smoke detectors if required
- Document location, type, age and condition of each smoke detector
We can supply and replace faulty or expired smoke alarms whilst on site for an additional charge of $55 inc GST per alarm. This includes both 10 year lithium alarms or 240v hardwired alarms. Interconnecting smoke alarms can be quoted by our electrician whilst onsite.
All homes in South Australia must be fitted with working smoke alarms
According to the SA Government website in smoke alarms, https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/planning-and-property/owning-a-property/smoke-alarms the regulations are as follows:
Homes or residential rental properties purchased before 1 February 1998
You are required to fit a replaceable battery powered smoke alarm.
Homes or residential rental properties purchased on or after 1 February 1998
Regulation 76B of the Development Regulations 2008 requires a smoke alarm (or smoke alarms) be fitted within six months from the day on which title is transferred and be either:
- a 240 volt, mains-powered smoke alarm
- a 10-year life, non-replaceable, non-removable, permanently connected battery powered smoke alarm.
Homes or residential rental properties built on or after 1 January 1995
The Building Code of Australia requires a 240 volt, mains powered smoke alarm.