Turning an unforeseen problem into a luxury bathroom renovation on a budget.
The owners had recently purchased this four year old two storey townhouse in Ascot Park, Adelaide and begun a new chapter in their lives. But they were not expecting a problematic bathroom which put a bit of a dampener on their lifestyle - literally.
The bathroom had been renovated only a couple of years prior but had not been waterproofed according to Australian standards of building practise. Unfortunately, water leaked through the bathroom floor to the kitchen ceiling causing damp, mould and structural damage. It was an unplanned expense for the new owners who only realised the problem after they moved in.
Read our blog on how we provided an end to end service from design to install here.
Project SizeMain bathroom renovation
The owners wanted a modern and luxury feel, within their budget, especially since this was an unforeseen expense. We had an initial consultation with the client in their home to discuss the design and function of the bathroom.
- Complete bathroom renovation from start to finish
- Demolition and removal of rubbish
- All plumbing, electrical and tiling works
- Free standing bath to make the room look spacious
- Shaving cabinet to provide accessible storage
- Vanity with timber benchtop for a warm, modern feel
- Semi-framless shower screen to create a sense of space
- Stainless steel tapware for a simple modern design
“We are very happy with our new bathroom. The team at Ken Hall were so helpful all the way through, keeping us updated on progress and taking the time to explain things to us when hidden water damage meant the job was a lot bigger than initially expected. We love the new modern design and the way our bathroom seems much bigger and brighter. We will be recommending Ken Hall Plumbers to all our friends in the Adelaide area."