Get ready for hot Adelaide days – service your evaporative air conditioner in spring
An evaporative air conditioning unit has so many great benefits for your health and home as well as your back pocket
An evaporative air conditioner has many great benefits for your health and home.
- It provides fresh air to your home as air is constantly drawn from the outside and cooled and filtered as it enters your home.
- It’s eco-friendly, naturally cooling the air with water, using no chemicals.
- It’s cheaper to run so you save on electricity costs.
- Your windows and doors can stay open during summer so you can easily move in and out of living areas.
To get the best out of your evaporative air conditioner this summer, we recommend homeowners service their units at least once a year in springtime and also perform regular checks when it’s being used.
Although they have less moving parts than refrigerated air conditioning units, they need to be regularly checked. The cooling pads can become clogged with dust and leaves during the dormant cooler months. This results in reduced air conditioning capacity that uses far more water and power to run. In extreme cases, a neglected evaporative air conditioner that is clogged with debris could cause a house fire.
Another reason to regularly service the unit is that over winter, the water used for cooling is stagnant and becomes a breeding ground for bacteria. When the unit is turned on again during warmer weather, this stagnant water cycles through the cooling pads and into your home.
Service check list for your evaporative air conditioner unit
What’s included in our service:
- We remove the louvers and filter pads and clean any debris.
- We hose down all pads to ensure they are clean for correct operation.
- We check water levels and water distribution across filter pads to ensure complete saturation.
- We place a sanitization capsule in the hopper to ensure water reservoir is hygienic.
- We test the unit to ensure correct water usage rates and operation of the pump, fan and dump valve.
- We check the run off drain pipe for suitable discharge and any excess water usage.
- We check the controller for any fault codes and ensure it is operating correctly.
We service single and double story properties. If we see any faults or repairs that might be needed, we can quote these in most cases during our visit and get the repairs done promptly.
Be ready for those 40 degree days in Adelaide! Give Ken a Call for a service
Call Ken Hall Plumbers on 8364 5855 to arrange a service for your evaporative air conditioning unit. Don’t be left in the queue on those hot days when neglected air conditioners around Adelaide break down! We have a spring service offer at the moment which you can find right here.