Protect your rental property investment with Ken Hall’s property maintenance services
With so many moving parts in your rental property that must continue working without interruption, do you have a prompt, reliable and quality maintenance team backing you up?
The Adelaide rental property market has the lowest vacancy rate in Australia of just 0.8%. This is helping many landlords sleep easier at night and it’s also a very good reason to look after and protect your property investment.
The responsibilities of a landlord have always been to ensure a safe and secure dwelling for the people who live there. The price of not maintaining your property regularly isn’t worth the headache. It ends up costing you more in tenant turnover fees, loss of rental income and unnecessary repairs.
But with so many moving parts in your rental property that must continue working without interruption, do you have a prompt, reliable and quality maintenance team backing you up?
Regular property maintenance has the following benefits:
- Increases your tax deductions
- Reduces your overall costs
- Attracts and maintains good quality long term tenants
- Protects your long term investment
Property repairs that must be fixed as soon as possible to avoid injury and damage include the following:
- Electrical faults
- Burst hot water tank
- Water leaks on the property
- Gas leaks from installed appliances – gas heater, gas oven, gas hot water service
- Blocked drains and pipes
- Blocked toilets
- Flood damage or roof leaks
- Breakdown of your heating or air conditioning service
- Breakdown of the water, electricity or gas supply to the property
If maintenance problems are not attended to promptly, you may be legally liable if your tenant injures themselves. Or your property may be unnecessarily damaged by leaving problems unattended. Repairs and maintenance need to be completed quickly and to appropriate standards for compliance.
More importantly, if you maintain your property well, you are giving your tenants the message that you care, and they in turn they will take the time to look after your property better – what goes around comes around!
Have peace of mind with Ken Hall’s rental property maintenance services
We’ve introduced rental property maintenance services to help you stay across compliance requirements. We’ll also suggest preventive strategies to protect your investment and reduce unnecessary costs.
We offer landlords three maintenance services:
Ken Hall’s property maintenance service is responsive and available when you need it.
- 24/7 support across all our trades - plumbers, electricians, gasfitters, roofers, tilers and safety.
- Same day service which provides tenants with a one hour appointment window for convenience.
- We always strive for ‘first time right’ so we do our best to fix it on the first visit.
- Back up and warranty for our workmanship and parts.
As a landlord you have a duty of care to ensure the rental property is safe to live in. Annual compliance checks are best practice and in some cases required by law.
- Smoke alarms – you are legally required to properly fit and maintain smoke detectors in your rental property.
- Gas safety check - you are responsible for the safety of gas pipework and gas appliances within your property. We recommend an annual check for gas leaks, especially carbon monoxide.
- Pool & spa – gates and access are very important, you must ensure all legal requirements are met and all safety features maintained.
Preventative maintenance saves money in the long run, reducing the risk of larger problems. It also communicates to the tenant that you care about the property and expect them to do the same.
- Gas Heater Service – an unsafe gas heater is a major cause of household fires and can leak dangerous fumes such as carbon monoxide.
- Hot Water Service - an annual service will extend the life of the unit and prevent hot water emergencies.
- Filter Tap – filters cease to be effective after 12 months or 2,000L of water, whichever comes first.
- Gutter Cleaning - preventive gutter cleaning reduces the risk of larger roofing maintenance problems in the future.
- Air Conditioning - air conditioners can become clogged with dust and debris over winter. An annual air-conditioning service prevents costly emergency services.
Give Ken a Call – back up your rental property investment with a reliable team
Protect your long term property investment with a responsive and knowledgeable team. The Ken Hall team includes plumbers, electricians, gasfitters, roofers, tilers and builders who are all fully employed, licensed and qualified tradesmen.
As experienced property management specialists, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent service, on time every time. Call us on 08 8364 5855 to discuss a maintenance plan for your rental property.